CakeDeFi, Singapore | Oct 2020 – June 2022
- Architected and refactored the web application - app.cakedefi.com using Redux, TypeScript to provide a better development experience.
- Rebuild the landing page cakedefi.com with TailwindCSS and Hugo.
- Optimized the build and linting process that speeds up the collaboration at least 6 times. Introduced Storybook to build UIs in isolation that improves the development timeline up to 50%.
- Managed and mentored three front-end engineers.
- Shipped several features ahead of time by collaborating actively with stakeholders in a fully remote environment.
📚 Tech stack: Express, sequelize, PostgreSQL, TypeScript, React, Redux Toolkit, Storybook, TailwindCSS.
Zyllem, Singapore | Aug 2016 – Sep 2020
- Spearhead the front-end development of enterprise products, from architecture, coding convention to the build process. Architected and designed a set of hybrid web applications where the client app “lives” inside the old server-side application.
- Optimized average page loading time by 40% by replacing traditional server-side pages with 30+ single-page applications.
- Contributed to winning several notable customers during the sales process with prototyping/Proof of Concept development in a short space of time.
📚 Tech stack: Angular, TypeScript, Bootstrap, Angular Material, ngrx, ngxs, webpack.
FPT Asia Pacific, Singapore | Sep 2015 - Aug 2016
- Primarily engaged in successful implementation and maintenance of intranet and internet websites for three major customers in the Government sector.
- Played an instrumental role in bridging effective communication and collaboration between offshore development teams and customers.
- Worked closely with Project Manager, Business Analyst, Designer and Development Teams in accomplishing technical requirement gathering and analysis, technical design, documentation; assisting with troubleshooting, configuration, integration, effort estimation; providing UAT and go-live support.
📚 Tech stack: SharePoint 2010/2013 Configuration and Administration.
FPT Software, Vietnam | Oct 2014 - Sep 2015
- Involved in interface and form development for a corporate website of a Singaporean customer. Successfully delivered a hybrid mobile app within 3 weeks of development and testing.
- Assisted in securing multiple large projects in Singapore by developing 10+ high-quality and responsive UI prototypes expeditiously.
- Cultivated familiarity with the software development process for enterprise systems.
📚 Tech stack: SharePoint 2010/2013, Bootstrap 3, jQuery, AngularJS and Ionic Framework.
github.com/trungk18/angular-spotify | Mar 2021
- A simple Spotify client built with Angular 12, Nx workspace, ngrx, TailwindCSS and ng-zorro in about 50 hours of my spare time. It got 1000 stars within only 5 days after publishing and be top Github trending repositories for one week. Currently, it has closer to 1,900 stars.
- Hosted a livestream series for building additional features that received ~ 5000 views.
- Angular Spotify is considered as “the best open-source example of an Nx workspace hosting an Angular project using Angular best practices out there.”
📚 Tech stack: Nx workspace, Angular, ngrx, TailwindCSS, ng-zorro.
github.com/trungk18/angular-tetris | Jul 2020
A childhood memory Tetris game built with Angular 10 and Akita. Some metrics worth mentioning:
- It was shared by @mgechev that reached 30000+ views and 1300+ likes.
- Received more than 200 hundred stars on Github after the first week of publication.
- Average 3000 visits monthly
github.com/trungk18/jira-clone-angular | Jun 2020
- A simplified Jira client built with Angular in about 40 hours of my spare time. This project received overwhelming positive feedbacks, with 500 stars within one week of publication and be the top Github trending repositories. Currently it has more than 1,700 stars.
- The codebase is considered providing adequate complexity that provides valuable insights to Angular developers of all skill levels, while still being relatively easy to understand.
- Angular TypeScript Trends #153
📚 Tech stack: Angular, Akita, ng-zorro, TailwindCSS, NestJS, GraphQL, MongoDB.
nugit.co | Oct 2018 - Dec 2018
- Led a team of two for renovating the customer’s branding website using Gatsby, a blazing fast modern site generator for React.
- Optimized average loading time by 50% after the new website was launched.
- Improved SEO/content optimization, which boosted the website traffic via Google search by 20%.
📚 Tech stack: Webflow, Gatsby, React, GraphQL.
Vietnam and Singapore | 2013 - 2018
- sfintercare.com: Increased sales volume by 20% by implementing a mobile-friendly website and SEO (keyword and content optimization)
- heinz.com.au: Completed a pixel-perfect and mobile-friendly website on a tight schedule of weeks.
📚 Tech stack: Bootstrap, Zurb, jQuery, SCSS and Bourbon, Gulp, Bower.
*And many more